Chat Logging in pidgin 2.1.1

Shkutkov Michael mish at rsu.ru
Wed Oct 10 16:46:28 EDT 2007

Actually I worked on this features. But last month progress is equal to
zero. BYP. But now I'm going to continue work
and finally finish Database Logger.

As I said at present moment we are working on Database Logger, which
will allow you to store you logs into database
(MySQL at present moment, but we uses libdbi so in feature database
logger will be database indepent ;))
Look at http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/RemoteLogging for more information.

Database Logger is core pluging, so the end user can configure it, turn
on or turn off.

icenine wrote:
> thanks for the info,
> is there a post somewhere, where i can follow progress of this feature?
>
> another question if i may.  when this feature is merged in (i'm being
> optimistic :)  ) do you know if it will something that will be controlled by
> the end user or something that can be set and made "private" where the end
> user cannot change the setting?
>
> thanks for the info again.
>
> Luke Schierer-5 wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 12:12:23PM -0700, icenine wrote:
>>
>>> i'm evaluating pidgin to be used as our company wide IM program. word
>>> from
>>> above is to disable local client logging completely and possibly have the
>>> program log onto a network share... but that decision is still up in the
>>> air.  we might just go with the no logs at all route.
>>>
>> Then you really don't want to disable logging, you just want to work
>> with the remote logging work that will hopefully be merged in soon.
>>
>> luke

With best regards,
Shkutkov Michael