Change the Green Online Icon to an Icon reflecting the IM Protocol?

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 22:26:59 EDT 2007

The green icon of which you speak does not represent a person's screen name,
but a person's identity.  Expand that line item to see which protocols and
on which screen names they are signed on.  For instance, I am signed on
under four XMPP usernames, over ten AIM names, a yahoo, and an IRC.  My
friends see only one entry in their buddy list for me though, so which IM
protocol's icon should be displayed?  Knowing the IM protocol is useless as
it really doesn't change your relationship with that person or what you were
about to say to them.

I do like the idea of making pidgin skinnier though, and support for skinned
UIs woudl be very nice, just not as important as many other features though
like gpg integration or message filters.  Then again, that's a matter of
opinion, and in this case, the only opinion that matters is that of the
people who develop the code.