Change the Green Online Icon to an Icon reflecting the IM Protocol?

Evil Dennis Ristuccia dennisr-gaimdevel at dennisr.net
Thu Oct 11 03:35:13 EDT 2007

Charliep wrote:
> Kevin:
>
> Sorry for my blunt assessment of your software. The present implementation
> of the green / red / clock icons is STUPID. Because of this I will not be
> using your software - UNLESS you fix this. Many of your other users
suggested that I should NOT use Pidgin if I don't like it! Thanks, I will
take your advice.
--Snip--
> Your insistence to blow off people with suggestions in two
> areas (Skins / Icons) will prevent you from getting the good editors which
> could make your software more popular than ... Skype, MSN, AOL, etc.

...We don't care. Don't use pidgin.

If you haven't noticed, we don't have any money like Skype, MSN, and
AOL. We don't care if we lose users, especially not you.

Would you like to contribute a small donation to the IM Freedom
Foundation, or the EDR Cripple Kids Jar? Maybe then we would implement
what you want..

I'm sure until that day, on be half of the rest of the Pidgin team; We
bid you adieu. Best of luck on your other IM Client adventures after
you've stopped using our software. We consider this matter, and
conversation over.

Good day. >=)

--
Dennis Ristuccia