plugins and protocols

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 12:03:13 EDT 2007

I changed my protocols to build static and get errors.  The first error
had something to do with Oscar so I just removed it from the list
(for now).  Then I get this weird error:

Anybody have any ideas?

PS - I am working on getting a trace off the development board.  It is
not as easy as it sounds.

Bill

/bin/bash ../libtool --silent --tag=CC   --mode=link bfin-linux-uclibc-gcc  -g -D__linux__ -DNOMMU -I/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/romfs/usr/include -I/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/staging/usr/include -export-dynamic -lpthread -L/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/romfs/usr/lib -L/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/romfs/lib -L/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/staging/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath-link=/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/romfs/usr/lib -L/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/romfs/lib -L/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/staging/usr/lib -o finch gntaccount.o gntblist.o gntconn.o gntconv.o gntdebug.o gntft.o finch.o gntidle.o gntnotify.o gntplugin.o gntpounce.o gntprefs.o gntrequest.o gntstatus.o gntui.o   -Wl,--export-dynamic -pthread -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0   -lxml2   -lpanel -lncurses
 ./libgnt/libgnt.la ../libpurple/libpurple.la -lnsl -lresolv
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/finch'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/finch'
Making all in m4macros
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/m4macros'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/m4macros'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/po'
file=`echo af | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
          && rm -f $file &&  -o $file af.po
/bin/sh: -o: not found
make[2]: *** [af.gmo] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-release/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote: On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 07:40:40AM -0700, Bill Fassler wrote:
> I have a couple questions:
>
> 1) Are protocols plugins?

by default yes.  You can override this by giving a comma separated list
of protocols to the configure flag --with-static-prpls

> 2) Where do the protocols reside in the installed directory structure?

$prefix/lib/purple-2/

> Now that I have better keyboard interface I can navigate through the
> windows of my cross-compiled stripped down Finch.  However, when
> I hit the "ADD" key on the ACCOUNTS window I blow up with a NULL
> pointer access.  After some pondering I thought that perhaps I am
> missing the protocols even though they appeared to build (at least
> most of them).  I did disable plugins in my configuration script and
> yet build the plugins dynamically.  I searched through my installed
> files and didn't see anything that was obvious protocols.
>
> Bill

hhmmm.  It shouldn't crash on no protocols.  Please submit a backtrace
of this crash to the bug tracker at http://developer.pidgin.im

thanks,
luke