"unable to connect"

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Oct 11 17:40:30 EDT 2007

Bill Fassler spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Sorry Gents, I am still finding my way around, but I found the "debug
> window" and opened it and tried again and at least I now have a
> small clue.  It says something along the lines that
> DNS:  Could not create child process for DNS; Function not
> implemented.

I am guessing that you are encountering trouble due to the
unavailability (indeed, the meaninglessness) of fork() on uClinux.
There is a thread-based DNS client implementation in Pidgin which may
or may not work better for you, depending on whether glib threads have
been ported to uclinux.

This might require some development effort on your part to get around.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.