UI Changes in the Works

jonathan jonathan.schluessler at gmx.de
Fri Oct 12 22:50:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

In the news from the 12th of July 2007 by Sean Egan there are some
things mentioned where I'm wondering about if they happened or when they
are going to happen.

I'm speaking about "Status Icon themeing" and "Notifications", though
I'm mainly interested in the notification feature.

These changes were announced for version 2.1.0. I've compiled Pidgin by
source on linux and couldn't find any optional configure settings for
these features. I've tried installing 2.1.0, 2.1.1 and I've currently
running 2.2.1 but couldn't find these features anywhere. Am I just
missing something or have you postponed these features? I'd really like
seeing the notification feature sometime soon.

BTW, i think it's a nice idea to include both, libnotify and guifications.

greetings,

Jonathan