Skinning WAS Change the Green Online Icon to an Icon reflecting the IM Protocol?

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sat Oct 13 00:22:15 EDT 2007

Evan Schoenberg wrote:
> Emoticons: Highly relevant.  Just an XML file with some graphics
> files, in a folder.  Pidgin currently has emoticon packs, right?
> Sound Sets: Highly relevant. Again, an XML file with sound files
> (typically MP3s or AACs - anything that Apple QuickTime can read is
> technically allowed by the specification).
> Status Icons: Highly relevant. As above.  The XML file allows
> different icons to be specified for the tabs and the contact list.
> Service Icons: Highly relevant. As above.

Some people may or may not recall my encyclopedia-length post on August 8
referring to theme support essentially as an afterthought to adding to the
existing .purple directory structure:
http://pidgin.im/pipermail/devel/2007-August/002538.html

I have done nothing further on the subject since that time, but this part of the
thread has me thinking about it again.  If Adium already has a consistent, clean
XML theme format for emoticons, sounds, and status icons, it would be wise to
take this into account instead of completely reinventing the wheel.

Thoughts?

John