Mea Culpa - I was wrong

Stephen Eilert spedrosa at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 10:46:34 EDT 2007

On 10/13/07, Charliep <charliep at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ethan:
>
> My entire point here is that there is no need to design these icons - the
> work has already been done by Yahoo, MSN, AOL, etc. If you believe the
> icons
> designed by these companies are confusing, please consider that users are
> already familiar with these icons. For new users who are already familiar
> with these icons, changing them will be MORE confusing.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about, have you? Have you
missed the AOL litigation because of a *name*?

Next, you are going to suggest that the Pidgin developers steal the sounds
from the official clients too, as the users are already familiar with them.
While we are at it, let's steal the rest of the artwork too, I am sure the
companies will be pleased.

So sit down, evaluate the consequences of the changes you are proposing and
only then post.

--Stephen

programmer, n:
        A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate
monsters.