Pidgin dns query issues (xmpp)

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Mon Oct 15 16:19:53 EDT 2007

Nabble, or your usage of nabble, is incorrectly handling your
messages, causing the text you send to be marked as quoted.  It makes
your messages very difficult to follow.

Lantern spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I get the following xml transaction when attempting to send a message from
> sub2 at example.com to sub1 at example.com:

<snip server error>

> I don't know if the jabber server is having problems, or pidgin, but the
> fact that the server can't be found
> makes me wonder if pidgin is having resolution issues.

That error is from your jabber server, not from Pidgin.  It looks like
your server cannot find itself, which almost certainly means a
configuration problem.  ;-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.