Skype plugin development

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Oct 16 03:01:51 EDT 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:57:19 +0200, Willem van Engen wrote
> I've been developing a plugin for Skype using the Skype API in my spare
> time during the past weeks. The project is already in a usable state,
>  so it's probabely a good idea to share something. Please find it at
>
>   http://willem.engen.nl/projects/libpurple-skypeapi/
>
> When I started I did look around to see if anyone else was working on
> it, and found none. Today I came across some messages from Eion Robb
> sent in September about exactly the same thing. Maybe it's a good
> idea to collaborate, it would be a waste to duplicate effort.

Hmm, I know we talked about the GPL-compatibleness of this a while ago, but I
don't remember the outcome.  If your protocol plugin directly links to non-GPL
compatible code then you should not distribute this, as it is a violation of
our license.

If it communicates with Skype or a Skype API via TCP then you're fine.

-Mark