libpurple.so.0.0.0 vs libpurple.so.0.2.1

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Tue Oct 16 16:43:31 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 13:12 -0700, Bill Fassler wrote:
> Your right.  My bad. With all the 'make clean' and 'make distclean' I
> performed
> today I wouldn't have even thought that a library created yesterday
> with a
> previous version would still persist in the INSTALLDIR area.

That only cleans up the build area. To remove things from the install
area you need make uninstall or (even easier) remove the installdir if
you don't share the same prefix with other apps.

Note that you need to use the old workarea if you use make uninstall,
otherwise the subset of files it removes may not be the same (ie: you
can't make install with the 2.0.0 tarball and make uninstall with 2.2.1
tarball).

-khc