A few comments

Eion Robb eion at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 16 16:35:40 EDT 2007

So I'm putting things into the final stages for my Skype API plugin, I
just had a couple of questions/discussions I wanted to start:

In Pidgin is a whole bunch of protocol icons.  What are the legal aspects
are there in terms of using other peoples copyright?  I would like to
include Skype icons into my plugin, but Skype has a Legal Agreement to use
their icons.  I just wanted to compare this with how the other protocols
went about it.

I also wanted to bring up talk about single-user vs multi-user im/chat.
Would it be wrong to classify single-user im's as a special case of
multi-user chats?  What if all im/chat messages were multi-user chats, and
each protocol had a limit to the number of participants in a chat?  So for
those protocols that only had 1-on-1 chat/im's, this limit would be 2 (or
1, depending on how you look at it).