A few comments

Eion Robb eion at bigfoot.com
Tue Oct 16 17:24:28 EDT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:26:07 +1300, Richard Laager <rlaager at wiktel.com>
wrote:

> You really shouldn't need the Skype icons in the first place. All you
> need is a single icon to represent that you are the Skype protocol
> plugin. The smileys, etc. have been standardized across protocols with
> Pidgin.

Sorry, that's what I was meaning... just for the Protocol icon.  A lot of
the protocol icons are trademarks of companies (eg the AIM one).  Is it
classed as fair use?  Are the protocol icons in Pidgin recreated or copies
of the originals?  Would they count as derivative works or trademark
infringements?

> The core doesn't have proper support for changing a single-user
> conversation into a multi-user chat. If you want to do this properly,
> you'll have to get your hands really dirty and fix libpurple to allow
> for this case. This would be really nice as MSN is affected by this same
> limitation.

I'm am 100% keen to "get down and dirty" to do this.  I was hoping to talk
about it in abstract with people first though :)