Disconnection reasons that the UI can understand

Will Thompson will at willthompson.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 18:25:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 02:45:53PM -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> This looks good. purple_disconnect_reason is probably a good namespace
> for everything, and we probably don't need a NUM_REASONS.

Currently the namespace is purple_connection_error, after discussion
with Richard on IRC.  He also suggested removing NUM_REASONS, which I
have done, instead using (reason <= $last_element_of_enum) as the sanity
check and with a comment at the sanity check and at the last element's
definition to update the former if a new enum member is added.

Before merging the branch to .next.minor, I'm going to look at
implementing better handling of auth failure (perhaps by popping up the
password dialog with an extra "edit account" button?) and possibly
fixing #168, to make sure the API added is good enough.  Any advice or
ideas would be welcome!

Will