Fwd: character count [GishPuppy]

Dossy Shiobara dossy at panoptic.com
Wed Oct 31 07:28:09 EDT 2007

On 2007.10.31, gmane.p6m at gishpuppy.com <gmane.p6m at gishpuppy.com> wrote:
> > OK, in a spurt of inspiration I whipped together a plugin for Pidgin
> > 2.2.2 that puts the current number of characters in the input box in the
> > GtkIMHtmlToolbar on the right-hand side.
>
> That's brilliant - thank you so much for this!
> However, I have no idea how to apply that patch, or compile it as a plugin.
>
> I should probably mention that I'm using Pidgin v2.2.2 on Windows XP, so tha might complicate things a little... !?

Check my blog entry:

    Character counting plugin for Pidgin
    http://dossy.org/archives/000545.html

I even include a screenshot and a Win32 DLL binary of the plugin.  :-)
Just download convcharcount-2.2.2.zip and follow the directions in the
blog entry.

-- Dossy

--
Dossy Shiobara              | dossy at panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/