Two things that I hate in Pidgin right now

Bryan Haskins kingofallhearts999 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 20:52:16 EDT 2007

Mark Doliner wrote:
> 1. CTRL+f searching in a conversation window searches from the bottom to the
> top.  Searching from the top to the bottom is the default in every application
> that I've ever used.  Doing this backwards is confusing, annoying, and is a
> disservice to the user.
>
> 2. The conversation toolbar.  I find it very annoying to have to use a
> drop-down menu to make something bold.  Or insert a link.  Was this change
> supposed to save real estate or something?  I think we should go back to
> having bold/italic/underline/insert link buttons.
>
> -Mark

As far as one here you have to ask yourself who is really oing it in a
way which makes no sense?

In a conversation you're more concerned about what someone said last,
obviously. If someone said meet me for pizza at 123 someplace lane at
2:30 then 30 minutes later and multitudes of messages later say oh wait
make that 3:00 you would want to find 3:00 in a search over 2:30, right?

For two, I believe most people were bugging for it to be like that...
most people found the old design too cluttered, and hard on lower window
sizes.