Two things that I hate in Pidgin right now

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury imadil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:59:50 EDT 2007

* Richard Laager had this to say on [02 Sep 2007, 20:14:11 -0500]:
> On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 18:05 -0700, Sean Egan wrote:
> > I made the change to search from the bottom, my IRC tab would be blue,
> > and I wanted to Ctrl-F my name and not have to bother with messages I
> > said two days ago.
>
> I used this for probably the first time (if not ever, at least in a long
> while) and was amazed at how crazy cool it was that it behaved that way.
>
> > You're the first person yet to be annoyed, confused, and disserviced
> > by this. Is there a particular reason you want to see the oldest
> > messages first?
>
> Perhaps we should just have a "Search backwards" checkbox (like every
> other find window) and have it checked by default and have its result
> save as a pref. That way it's clear what is going on, we have a default
> that is useful for IM (but non-standard), and it's easily changeable.

That sounds like a good idea to me!

For the toolbar in the conversation window, I have added a 'Group
Items'/'Ungroup Items' in the context menu. The selection from the menu
is remembered, and reflected immediately for all the toolbars. This
looks like a good change to me. I have committed this change (a1d36257).
But do feel free to make farther changes to it, or replace it with a
better fix.

Cheers,
Sadrul