Two things that I hate in Pidgin right now

Sean Egan seanegan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 03:20:52 EDT 2007

On 9/2/07, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <imadil at gmail.com> wrote:
> For the toolbar in the conversation window, I have added a 'Group
> Items'/'Ungroup Items' in the context menu. The selection from the menu
> is remembered, and reflected immediately for all the toolbars. This
> looks like a good change to me. I have committed this change (a1d36257).
> But do feel free to make farther changes to it, or replace it with a
> better fix.

It looks okay, but I'm not a huge fan of the idea. It seems
counter-progressive to have "make everything the way they used to be
options!" I'd rather identify what's wrong with the existing toolbar,
and address that. For instance, I think a split-out "Smiley" button
would appease more than 90% of the complaints. Just giving the old,
sucky, UI as an option whenever we make a change isn't likely to work
out.

-s.