Finch and console ui
bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 09:45:39 EDT 2007
Well I finally got the source code to build for a blackfin DSP. I have at least one (signficant) problem and that is the console did not build. Apparently it did not survive all the configure checks in order to be enabled.
As far as I can tell there seems to be four checks.
1) Is --enable-consoleui set?
-I pass it in as a configure script argument (--enable-consoleui=yes)
2) Is glib installed and available?
- In my case it seems to be OK.
3) Is ncurses installed and available?
- I have it and try to point to it in the config arguments, but it doesn't
appear to find it. The configure script can't see to find -lncursesw
and/or initscr. What exactly is ncursesw? Is it possible I don't have
the right ncurses?
4) I think it is also looking for some kind of panel or update_panel. This
is the one I understand the least and don't know what it is looking
for. What is this? What package is it in?
I think I am on the verge of getting this done, so if any of you gurus out there could give me a rundown on how to ensure my consoleui builds for finch I would truly appreciate it.
Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel