ICQ Incorrect Password Errors
mark at kingant.net
Thu Sep 6 03:03:07 EDT 2007
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 21:46:57 -0500, Richard Laager wrote
> My co-worker had this problem:
> > My MSN loaded fine into Pidgin, but I'm having
> > trouble getting my ICQ to enable...keeps saying incorrect password...I even
> > went into my old computer and changed it to make sure I was using the
> > correct one.
> Any ideas? I remember we had those problems a long time ago with the
> new password hashing not working on ICQ, but then we went back, right?
> I should have access to this computer within the next week or so. Where
> should I start debugging this?
1. Figure out how long the password is
2. If it's longer than 8 characters, try typing just the first 8
3. If it has mixed case, trying using all lowercase characters
4. You can try undefining USE_XOR_FOR_ICQ at the top of
5. Try changing the password to something different and make sure the account
6. Try using the same password with a different ICQ account
More information about the Devel