Ofline message flag

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Sat Sep 8 16:30:18 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 15:15 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> > How does libpurple handle that?
>
> It displays the full date of the original timestamp of the message.
>
> So yeah, just pass the right timestamp in and the existing code Just
> Works. You don't need to worry about special formatting or anything like
> that in the MSN prpl.

I think Jorge is saying that showing the full date is not enough clue
that the message is an offline message. What about something like:

"Buddy" sent you these messages while you were offline:
msg1
msg2
<hr>

When gtkconv sees the first non-offline message, it will draw a <hr> to
separate those from offline messages. We can go more fancy when Sean's
renderer stuff is ready, but this seems good for now.

-khc