Ofline message flag

Jorge Villaseñor salinasv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 16:48:46 EDT 2007

On 9/8/07, Ka-Hing Cheung <khc at hxbc.us> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 15:15 -0500, Richard Laager wrote:
> > > How does libpurple handle that?
> >
> > It displays the full date of the original timestamp of the message.
> >
> > So yeah, just pass the right timestamp in and the existing code Just
> > Works. You don't need to worry about special formatting or anything like
> > that in the MSN prpl.
>
> I think Jorge is saying that showing the full date is not enough clue
> that the message is an offline message. What about something like:

Yes, I want something to know that this message that just prompted is
not a normal message. The problem is bigger when you just connected,
get the OIM and your buddy sends you a normal IM before you read the
message or close the gtkconv.

What I did in #2994 was change the color of the nick when the message
is an OIM so, you know
red: Online Message from the buddy
blue: Online Message you sent (this one I didn't changed)
cool_gray(#859FAF): Offline Message
black: System Message

I think is clear enough and easier than do a complete text format like khc says