Can't pull with Monotone:Help, please....

Tw@in 28 Twain28 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:16:01 EDT 2007

Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:

> Tw at in 28 spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:
>> > Assuming you downloaded the monotone database (as instructed in
>> > UsingPidginMonotone) recently, it should be relatively up-to-date
>> > already, and you may not need to pull anything.  (This is, indeed, a
>> > better solution, as it does not chew up limited resources required for
>> > those doing actual work.)
>> >
>> If you mean the one at http://developer.pidgin.im/static/pidgin.mtn.bz2 ,
>> I'm redownloading it right now, but I believe it's quite
>> outdated....problem
>> is I never succeeded to pull down anything from Pidgin's track through
>> monotone since I first tried to, a year ago....
>
> I do, and it is not -- it is built nightly.  The update does not
> succeed *every* night, but I see that it did succeed last night, and
> it generally has when I check it, which leads me to believe that it
> should be relatively current.
>
> Redownloading it is doing nothing but put extra, unnecessary load on
> the Pidgin servers.

Ok, stopped....anyway, good to know it's updated that often: it might be a
"last one shot", if I can't solve my issues :)

Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:

> You did not try pulling anything from Pidgin via monotone a year ago,
> Pidgin has only been using monotone publically for about five months.
> Please don't lie to me, it will do nothing but make this more painful.

Sorry, no offence meant....what I meant with that "one year" phrase is I
never succeeded pulling down from Pidgin's trac since the first day I tried
to (and I believe it was a few days after you got it working,
really)....sorry again for exasperating time....it was a figure of speech,
and I was not properly thinking about its consequences....

Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:

> As I suggested, make sure you are allowed to connect to monotone on
> your end -- it certainly works for everyone else.
>
> Ethan

I'm checking again, but, as I said, Monotone pulls down from its own
trac....I'm quite baffled, to tell the truth.
Any other idea I might try?

Tw at in 28