Can't pull with Monotone:Help, please....

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Sep 11 10:46:40 EDT 2007

Tw at in 28 spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Ethan Blanton-3 wrote:
> > Assuming you downloaded the monotone database (as instructed in
> > UsingPidginMonotone) recently, it should be relatively up-to-date
> > already, and you may not need to pull anything.  (This is, indeed, a
> > better solution, as it does not chew up limited resources required for
> > those doing actual work.)
> >
> If you mean the one at http://developer.pidgin.im/static/pidgin.mtn.bz2 ,
> I'm redownloading it right now, but I believe it's quite outdated....problem
> is I never succeeded to pull down anything from Pidgin's track through
> monotone since I first tried to, a year ago....

I do, and it is not -- it is built nightly.  The update does not
succeed *every* night, but I see that it did succeed last night, and
it generally has when I check it, which leads me to believe that it
should be relatively current.

Redownloading it is doing nothing but put extra, unnecessary load on
the Pidgin servers.

You did not try pulling anything from Pidgin via monotone a year ago,
Pidgin has only been using monotone publically for about five months.
Please don't lie to me, it will do nothing but make this more painful.

As I suggested, make sure you are allowed to connect to monotone on
your end -- it certainly works for everyone else.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.