HELP: Sort buddies by account

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Mon Sep 17 12:59:10 EDT 2007

On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 05:23:26PM -0700, Quick Strike wrote:
> Hello;
<snip>
> The only thing is I do not want my Contact Lists Merged together: I would like them separated.  Is there a fast way to "sort buddies by protocol" or "sort buddies by account"
>
> So all my msn(Codster) go under one group, all my msn(baltha) goes to another group, and all my aim(work) goes in another group... so I can keep the contacts separated still... but they all are in one program.
>
> Or just have separate windows for each account (still same program though).
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~code

If your accounts on each protocol have unique names, that is only your MSN
account has a 'Codster' group then you will only ever seen MSN buddies in
that group. If you have a group name on more than one protocol than pidgin
will display all of the buddies from every protocol in that group in the
same (visual) group.

If that visual combining if your problem then the simple solution is to
rename your groups (in the official clients, or possibly with only one
account on at a time though I haven't tested that) to have distinct names.

	-Etan