Patches for pidgin-2.2.0 on RHEL4

Zvi Har'El rl at math.technion.ac.il
Mon Sep 17 13:18:25 EDT 2007

Dear Sean,

pidig-2.2.0 has a couple of new programs in the plugins directory,
namely, helloworld.c and noify_example.c. However, these programs do not
include the header file internal.h, which defines the symbol
G_GNUC_NULL_TERMINATED, a definition which is needed for older versions
of glib (as mine - I am using RHEL4, which has glib2-2.4.7-1). Thus,
they fail to compile, and the whole build fails.

Also, I found out that an include for I attach a trivial patch, which
adds the necessary include lines.

Another patch needed was due to a change of the file pidgin/pidgin.h,
which made the inclusion of gdk/gdkx.h conditionally on

#ifdef GDK_WINDOWING_X11 instead of #ifndef _WIN32. Since nothing seemed
to define the former symbol in my configuration, the compilation of
pidgin/gtkutils.c, which needs that gdk header file, failed. I attach
another patch which fixed the problem.

Finally , some linux distributions (like mine, RHEL4),  doesn't have a
x11.pc file, and starting at pidgin-2.2.0, it is used to check for X
support. I attach the file I created for that and put in
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig, but I suppose it is better to have a fallback
cheking method, like the one used in pidgin-2.1.1 configuration.

Best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El      mailto:rl at math.technion.ac.il    Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-4227607                  Technion - Israel Institute of Technology