some cross compile problems

Kevin M Stange kevin at simguy.net
Tue Sep 18 00:24:48 EDT 2007

pencil 磊 wrote:
> We are working on porting pidgin to qtopia.
> We have finished cross-compile some libraries needed by libpurple
> libraries, They are:
> glib, gnutils(for cross compile gnutils we need libtansn, libgpg-error,
> libgcrypt), libxml2. we also cross compile meanwhile for sametime protocol.
>
> When we cross compile libpurple, it is also ok, and we get the libpurple
> library and the  plugins associated with protocols, include liboscar.so and
> libjabber.so.
> But when we download the libraries to the board, liboscar and libjabber can
> not load correctly but other protocol plugins can be loaded like msn, yahoo
> etc. The debug message is :
>

> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/autoaccept.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/buddynote.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/idle.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/joinpart.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libaim.so
> plugins: /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libaim.so is not loadable:
> liboscar.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libgg.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libicq.so
> plugins: /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libicq.so is not loadable:
> liboscar.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libirc.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libjabber.so
> plugins: /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libjabber.so is not usable because
> the 'purple_init_plugin' symbol could not be found.  Does the plugin call
> the PURPLE_INIT_PLUGIN() macro?
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libmsn.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libnovell.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/liboscar.so
> plugins: /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/liboscar.so is not usable because
> the 'purple_init_plugin' symbol could not be found.  Does the plugin call
> the PURPLE_INIT_PLUGIN() macro?
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libqq.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libsametime.so
> plugins: /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libsametime.so has a prefs_info, but
> is a prpl. This is no longer supported.
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libsimple.so
> plugins: probing /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libxmpp.so
> plugins: /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/libxmpp.so is not loadable:
> libjabber.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>

> 1 What's wrong with our cross compile, do we forget some libraries.

The errors with both jabber and oscar are misleading because
libjabber.so and liboscar.so are not actually protocol plugins.  The
libraries libaim.so and libicq.com and libxmpp.so are however.  Those
three plugins search for liboscar.so or libjabber.so, which seem to be
there, but clearly they are not being found, which means that your
environment is not properly searching /home/flash/wang/lib/purple-2/ for
them.  You should verify that your libraries are installed in the place
you ./configured them to be.

> 2 yahoo protocol dose not support, a correct yahoo account will get a error
> password  message when connected.

Can you provide a debug log from the failing yahoo connection?

> 3 how do I cross comple silc-client, I get an error when configure
> "configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling
> See `config.log' for more details."
> I use silc-toolkit-1.1-beta3

You should probably check with the silc toolkit developers to find out
how to make that package compile.  We do not compile it ourselves and
depend on it existing on the target system already, so it's not
something we have much experience with building.

Kevin