Skype Plugin

Eion Robb eion at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 18 01:37:33 EDT 2007

Fortunatly, I have given up on sleep as a nasty habit, and have spent the
last week nutting out the Skype api, X11 messaging, Win32 messaging, dbus
and pidgin api's.

I currently have the list of skype buddies in the buddy list, and can send
messages using Pidgin.  I can manage to receive them, but I'm not sure how
to give them back to libpurple.  I've tried:

PurpleConversation *convo;
convo = purple_find_conversation_with_account(PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_IM, sender,
account);
purple_conv_im_write(convo, sender, body, PURPLE_MESSAGE_RECV, mtime);

but this segfaults on the find_conversation bit.  Is there an easier way
that I'm supposed to send back the messages?

Also, from what I can see, the GUI requests the status_text a lot (3 times
for every IM window creation, and message sending), which slows down the
UI.  Is this normal (the lots of requests bit)?

Thanks,
--Eion