Solved problem with gstreamer

Opalinus opalinus at online.de
Fri Sep 21 14:35:48 EDT 2007

Hello,

I had a problem and solved it, and want to explain how.

I wanted to update my pidgin version from 2.1.0 to 2.2.0 so i deleted
everything old, and tried to install the new pidgin. While "make" the
error:"gcc: /opt/gnome/libgstreamer-0.10.so is not a file or a
directory" came (or something like that) I see in the directory and
there was only a file with the name "libgstreamer-0.10.so.0.13.0". So I
deleted the ".0.13.0" and the problem was solved.

I hope its understandably, if you have any questions so ask. I hope i
could help a little bit too support this big and wonderful project.

Yours sincerely,
Opalinus