Finch and console ui

Bill Fassler bill.fassler at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 15:47:04 EDT 2007

As you can see somewhere in this thread when I tried to build the
protocols statically I got a lot of nasty looking warnings.  I will try
it again and see what happens.

When I enable plugins (this is the only change in the configure
arguments I made) then I get this error:

Any clue why that would be?? Doesn't this pertain to MACs only?

In file included from ../../libpurple/internal.h:45,
                 from gntclipboard.c:22:
gntclipboard.c:28:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
gntclipboard.c:29:23: error: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
gntclipboard.c:30:23: error: X11/Xatom.h: No such file or directory
gntclipboard.c: In function 'set_clip':
gntclipboard.c:53: error: 'Window' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:53: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gntclipboard.c:53: error: for each function it appears in.)
gntclipboard.c:53: error: expected ';' before 'w'
gntclipboard.c:54: error: 'XEvent' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:54: error: expected ';' before 'e'
gntclipboard.c:55: error: 'XSelectionRequestEvent' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:55: error: 'req' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:56: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
gntclipboard.c:57: error: 'Display' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:57: error: 'dpy' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:57: error: implicit declaration of function 'XOpenDisplay'
gntclipboard.c:57: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XOpenDisplay'
gntclipboard.c:64: error: 'w' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:65: error: implicit declaration of function 'XSetSelectionOwner'
gntclipboard.c:65: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XSetSelectionOwner'
gntclipboard.c:65: error: 'XA_PRIMARY' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:65: error: 'CurrentTime' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:66: error: implicit declaration of function 'XFlush'
gntclipboard.c:66: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XFlush'
gntclipboard.c:67: error: implicit declaration of function 'XSelectInput'
gntclipboard.c:67: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XSelectInput'
gntclipboard.c:67: error: 'StructureNotifyMask' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:69: error: implicit declaration of function 'XNextEvent'
gntclipboard.c:69: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XNextEvent'
gntclipboard.c:69: error: 'e' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:71: error: 'SelectionRequest' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:72: error: implicit declaration of function 'XChangeProperty'
gntclipboard.c:72: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XChangeProperty'
gntclipboard.c:75: error: 'XA_STRING' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:76: error: 'PropModeReplace' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:79: error: 'respond' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:80: error: 'SelectionNotify' undeclared (first use in this function)
gntclipboard.c:86: error: implicit declaration of function 'XSendEvent'
gntclipboard.c:86: warning: nested extern declaration of 'XSendEvent'
gntclipboard.c:88: error: 'SelectionClear' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[3]: *** [gntclipboard_la-gntclipboard.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-tree/fdpic_new/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/finch/plugins'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-tree/fdpic_new/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin/finch'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vocal/project/blackfin-svn-tree/fdpic_new/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin'
make: *** [all] Error 2
vocal at Grumpy:~/project/blackfin-svn-tree/fdpic_new/uClinux-dist/user/pidgin$

Luke Schierer <lschiere at pidgin.im> wrote: On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 03:00:04PM -0400, Luke Schierer wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:21:08AM -0700, Bill Fassler wrote:
> > I used these configure arguments when building my Finch.  Could any of these be critical to the proper functioning of Finch?
> >
> > --disable-dbux
> > --disable-gtkui
> > --disable-sm
> > --disable-screensaver
> > -without-x
> > --disable-pcre
> > --disable-gstreamer
>
> This one is hardly critical, but does affect finch, which now comes with
> sound support.
>
> > --disable-gtkspell
> > --disable-gevolution
> > --disable-fortify
> > --disable-tcl
> > --disable-plugins  (is this necessary for the protocols??)
>
> This is necessary *unless* you build the protocols in statically.  It
> appears that you are not.
>
> > --disable-gnutls
> > --enable-nss=no
>
> One of these two is required for MSN and Google Talk to work.
>
> luke

Note that if you are trying to avoid plugins, nss can be built in
statically.

luke