Skype Plugin

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Sep 26 18:04:48 EDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 5:53 PM, Eion Robb wrote:

> Is serv_got_im not thread safe?  I've tried using a static mutex to
> lock
> simultaneous calls to it, which stopped the segfaulting, but hasn't
> stopped the weird redraw/crash issues.

No part of libpurple is explicitly thread safe.  I have used libpurple
on a thread in the past, but that was with a UI which knew it was
running a thread and carefully moved all incoming calls to the UI to
the drawing thread (Adium; the threadedness of libpurple has long
since been removed).  Pidgin does not except libpurple to operate on a
thread different from that which it itself does.

-Evan