Skype Plugin

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Wed Sep 26 18:12:21 EDT 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 6:04 PM, Evan Schoenberg wrote:

>  Pidgin does not except libpurple to operate on a
> thread different from that which it itself does.

That, of course, should have read "does not expect."

In answer to the question which I don't think has quite been asked:  A
libpurple plugin must always call libpurple core functions on the
thread in which the plugin was initialized (this is most commonly the
'main thread' or 'UI thread').  It can use other threads internally.

-Evan