IRC panels upen upon startup

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Sep 30 15:32:58 EDT 2007

Kenneth G. Goutal spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Hi.  I just installed v2.2.0 a day or so ago, on WinXP. Since then,
> whenever I start Pidgin up, not only does the Buddy List window come
> up, but also the Chat (?) window, with two panels open, one for
> "freenode-connect" and one for "NickServ". I'm relatively certain
> these are associated with IRC.

They are indeed associated with IRC.  Freenode messages you on
connection; these are not generated by Pidgin.

> Can anyone point me to the FAQ that explains why this is happening
> and, I hope, how to make it stop?

The former is not frequently-asked, and so it is not in the FAQ.  The
latter is handled by the IRC helper plugin from:

http://plugins.guifications.org/trac/wiki/PluginPack

This is a third-party plugin, and not part of Pidgin itself.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.