IRC panels upen upon startup

Eoin Coffey ecoffey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 22:03:31 EDT 2007

The entire reason those channels show up in your buddy list is because you
told Pidgin to connect to freenode when you created an IRC account under
pidgin.  The message from freenode-connect was generated by *them* not
Pidgin.  The message from NickServ is also automatic, and comes from
freenode.net not Pidgin.

-Eoin