commits brokenness

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.purdue.edu
Sun Sep 30 22:16:45 EDT 2007

I am in the process of trying to get improved commits emails[1]
working for commits at pidgin.im, and in the meantime, the commits list
will likely be completely broken.  A test setup on my local machine
worked properly, but for some reason it is not cooperating on homing.

The upshot of this, when it's done, should be that we get reliable
diffs with the commit emails, and a framework that is hopefully
somewhat easier to work with.  The downside is that commit emails will
be generated periodically, rather than spuriously as the commits
happen.  I think this is a reasonable tradeoff, but it is open for
discussion.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.