GSOC 2008

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Wed Apr 2 16:43:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 12:58:10PM +0530, Tharindu Sameera wrote:
> HI all,
> I am a student of the Computer Science and Engineering department of the
> University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am willing to participate Gsoc 2008 as
> an student. Earlier I was busy with my end semester exams and lucky for me
> the deadline was extended. So, I have an Idea.Pidgin has number of plug-ins
> for different protocols. I think it is necessary to implement a plug-in for
> OMA IMPS protocol. I have experienced about implantation of  a simple chat
> client before and I have some understanding regarding the OMA IMPS protocol
> version 1.2 as well. I reckon this protocol will play dominant role when Its
> come to instant messaging and presence services.
>
> Replies and suggestions from senior members will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Tharindu.

If you want to apply for the Summer of Code get your application in (you
don't have all that much time left), mentor assignment comes later. Make
your application as convincing and expressive as possible, with as much
information about your plan as possible. You'll get feedback if people
have questions.

    -Etan