GSOC 2008

Tharindu Sameera tharindu87 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 03:28:10 EDT 2008

HI all,
I am a student of the Computer Science and Engineering department of the
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I am willing to participate Gsoc 2008 as
an student. Earlier I was busy with my end semester exams and lucky for me
the deadline was extended. So, I have an Idea.Pidgin has number of plug-ins
for different protocols. I think it is necessary to implement a plug-in for
OMA IMPS protocol. I have experienced about implantation of  a simple chat
client before and I have some understanding regarding the OMA IMPS protocol
version 1.2 as well. I reckon this protocol will play dominant role when Its
come to instant messaging and presence services.

Replies and suggestions from senior members will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Tharindu.