Looking for mentor for GSOC

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Fri Apr 11 18:42:11 EDT 2008

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:22:29 +0200, chuen tschi liang wrote
> it's my first time applying for GSOC. I submitted an application for
> the ICQ TLC idea. I didn't know I had to contact a mentor, and just
> waited for the results to come out.
>
> But I read in a thread of the GSOC forum, that you have to find a
> mentor by yourself. That's why I'm writing.
>
> I don't know if it this project already taken, or if any mentors are
> still available.

I think different projects handle this slightly different.  For Pidgin, if
you've already talked to someone in the Pidgin community who you would like to
mentor you then please let us know.  If not then don't worry about it--we
generally just talk amongst ourselves and assign the most appropriate mentor
based on the project.

-Mark