im.pidgin.pidgin: 40eafa8cd448e1729d79513e98ab2854e3589e69

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Sat Apr 12 10:18:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 18:24 -0400, John Bailey wrote:
> John Bailey wrote:
> > I think we should disable the Evolution integration plugin by default.  I don't
> > see much point to it being enabled by default considering all we ever hear about
> > it is the bug reports it generates.  I also don't think it's unreasonable to
> > expect packagers wanting to provide it to add a configure argument to their
> > existing setups.
>
> In this vein, I have pushed two revisions, one of which disables gevolution by
> default, and the other wich disables contact availability prediction by default.
>  I don't see either as being particularly heavily demanded, and both require
> external dependencies that not many people are going to care about installing
> just to build Pidgin.  If these changes are wrong, we can always disapprove my
> revisions.

I disagree with dropping gevolution by default. At least Fedora,
Mandriva, OpenSUSE, Ubuntu, Debian and OpenSolaris build with it enabled
(ie: have the relevant BuildRequires or equivalent). It's not too hard
for people building from source to add --disable-gevolution if they
don't need it (and ./configure even tells them they can do this!)