pidgin: 7643bc26: The next version of RFC 3920, the draft ...

Evan Schoenberg evan.s at dreskin.net
Sun Apr 13 12:04:09 EDT 2008

On Apr 13, 2008, at 11:04 AM, Stu Tomlinson wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-04-13 at 02:40 -0400, nosnilmot at pidgin.im wrote:
>> Revision: 7643bc26fb7820fa60ef81d9d41fe6e3d4c9d8e5
>> Ancestor: 5d71cdc2939b6021e8fbb5c200bcc650f2bcb2d7
>> Author: nosnilmot at pidgin.im
>
> For the record, I did not commit this. I really really do not
> appreciate
> other people committing things in my name like this without at least
> some explanation in the commit message. (yes, I did write the patch).

Very sorry about that, Stu. Since my key signed it, mtn certainly
knows that I committed it and specified an author to indicate, well,
authorship, so I assumed it would indicate these two separate names.
Next time I'll know that the system isn't going to communicate such
things automatically and will include it in the commit message
explicitly.

> Having said that, can we now get rid of the "Use GSSAPI (Kerberos v5)
> for authentication" account preference as we fall back to other
> mechanisms now?

Although there are some edge cases where it'd be nice not to attempt
GSSAPI at all (I've seen at least one setup where a user had to wait
30 seconds for the blocking DNS resolve to fail before login would
continue), generally it shouldn't be necessary.  I don't have a
problem with removing it.

Ethan wrote:
> P.S. Evan -- please do wrap your commit messages at somewhere between
>     72 and 80 characters.

Will do.

-Evan