HELP emoticons

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 10:57:11 EDT 2008

kimonas fountoulakis wrote:
> Hi to all!!
Hi,

> My name is Kimonas, i am interested to develop custom emoticons handling
> for pidgin, like msn
> Can someone help me?
I will try.

> I read the libpurple documentation, and saw that switchboard.h , slp.h ,
> object.h
> have relation at some way with the handling custom emoticons, but i
> can't really understarnd how to modify them in order to achieve my
> aim.
You will need some knowledge of the C programming language and maybe some GTK
experience, not a great deal but some.

> if you believe that i have not understand something well, please inform me!!
> I am new, and this is a work for my University
This is a long standing ticket [1], I would suggest you read the ticket, read
the developer guidelines [2] and then try out the branch for yourself.  Report
any bugs and try and fix them.

Hope that helps
Phil Hannent

[1] http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1187