XMPP, Connect Server, and SRV

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Thu Aug 7 23:28:28 EDT 2008

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Yes please.  Though I'll just throw this in.  My dodgy dnsmasq based
> OpenWRT gateway doesn't appear to be handling SRV requests properly,
> or maybe something further upstream is losing them.  I'm happy to do
> some more research to find out specifically what is going on there
> (when I'm not travelling on a train with no connectivity!)

This is (or at least was) a trivial problem with the default configuration of
openwrt's dnsmasq.  In White Russian firmwares, setting the filter_win2k nvram
variable to "no" was sufficient to make dnsmasq behave properly with respect to
SRV records.  It is likely configured in a different location on current
firmware versions.

John