XMPP, Connect Server, and SRV

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 8 00:05:17 EDT 2008

On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 23:28:28 -0400, "John Bailey" <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org> said:
> Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > Yes please.  Though I'll just throw this in.  My dodgy dnsmasq based
> > OpenWRT gateway doesn't appear to be handling SRV requests properly,
> > or maybe something further upstream is losing them.  I'm happy to do
> > some more research to find out specifically what is going on there
> > (when I'm not travelling on a train with no connectivity!)
>
> This is (or at least was) a trivial problem with the default
> configuration of
> openwrt's dnsmasq.  In White Russian firmwares, setting the filter_win2k
> nvram
> variable to "no" was sufficient to make dnsmasq behave properly with
> respect to
> SRV records.  It is likely configured in a different location on current
> firmware versions.
>
> John

I'm still running White Russian - haven't had the time or
inclination to upgrade it.  It works!  Besides I'm running
kinda short of memory on there with openvpn taking up a lot
of space.

I don't have filter_win2k set at all.  I'll test it when I
get home from work.  Don't want to fiddle the settings
remotely or I might take my home network offline, and that
makes for an unhappy family!

Thanks,

Bron.

--