Pidgin Voice and Video under Windows

Philip Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 06:59:56 EDT 2008

Birger Brunswiek wrote:
> I've got the Pidgin voice and video branch to compile under Windows. It
> runs but soon crashes as I access any voice or video functions. I was
> wondering what people use to debug Pidgin under Windows. Can I use
> Windbg or even the Visual Studio debugger or do I have to stick with gdb?
The video and voice is dependent on an external library [1] which I
would suspect you have not compiled since I do not think it has been
ported to windows yet.

The debugger you are after is drmingw [2], the windows debugger as far
as I know has never been used on this project.

Regards
Phil Hannent

[1] http://farsight.freedesktop.org/wiki/
[2] http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/BuildingWinPidgin