Voice and Video GSoC Project

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 01:26:06 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-19 at 15:32 -0500, Maiku wrote:
<snip most of message>

> After all that (some of them are optional) it's a matter of getting it
> to work in Windows (someone is already working on this), fixing up
> Finch, and adding support for more protocols.
>
> Thanks for a wonderful SoC,

Thank you very much for your hard work. I did get an opportunity to
checkout and test your branch last week and was pretty impressed.
Obviously there is still a lot of room for improvement, but you have not
only got things working on XMPP, but established a code base for others
(and hopefully yourself) to continue to build upon. As ticket #34 has
highlighted, there is a lot of interest in voice/video but few people
with the time and ability to step up and make it happen. You've lowered
that barrier for others going forward.

Thanks to the other SoC'ers too. I haven't had a chance to test out the
other SoC branches yet, but have tried to keep up with commit messages
and am looking forward to seeing some of the work merged to i.p.p in the
future.

Don't want to leave out the pidgin mentors either, you guys rock.

-casey