Voice and Video GSoC Project

Maiku cmaiku at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:57:13 EDT 2008

Since this year's SoC is now over, I've switched branches and am
continuing to work on voice and video support in im.pidgin.maiku.vv.

Recently, Farsight2 0.0.3 was release and so I've updated Pidgin's
code to work with it. Since Farsight 2's API has changed in this
version, it isn't backwards compatible and therefore version 0.0.3 or
greater is now required. Be sure to check the README file for Farsight
2 0.0.3 as the versions for dependencies have been bumped up a bit.

There are still a few rough edges that need smoothing out regarding
the update, but most won't be too troublesome. Once they are fixed,
Theora, H264, and any other codecs that require extra configuration
information will work consistently.

-Maiku