Ehanced History plugin

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Thu Aug 28 17:29:29 EDT 2008

A couple weeks ago, there was a discussion in the XMPP conference about
the History plugin vs. the Enhanced History plugin from the Purple
Plugin Pack.  Ka-Hing asked why we weren't shipping the Enhanced History
plugin ourselves.  The answer to that question, of course, was that it
was a third-party plugin, started by Andrew Pangborn basically as a fork
of the History plugin which provided more features.

A few months ago, however, I spoke with Andrew about adding his plugin
to the Plugin Pack, and he agreed, citing that he no longer has the time
to devote to maintaining the plugin as he once did.  Since that time
I've basically been the maintainer.

So I've been thinking about it, and if there are no objections, I'd like
to replace the stock History plugin with the Enhanced History plugin.
Thoughts?

(For those needing detail, Enhanced History's details are listed here:
http://plugins.guifications.org/trac/wiki/enhancedhist)

John