Libpurple python bind announcement

Bruno Abinader bruno.abinader at openbossa.org
Mon Dec 1 15:01:23 EST 2008

Hi all,

We, from OpenBossa labs, started a project which creates a python
binding for libpurple. It's called **python-purple** and initially it
was intended to be used by Carman (http://openbossa.indt.org/carman/)
to connect with IM accounts (Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!), although it can
be used by other python-based IM clients.

It was implemented using Cython and is currently on very early stages
of development. Besides this, you already can connect/disconnect from
an account, send and receive IM messages, add/edit/remove buddies, and
other functionalities.

We plan to release python-purple as a separate project on Maemo
Garage, but we are open for suggestions. Feel free to reply this mail
with your suggestion to this project.

ps: According to ticket 1783 (http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1783),
there isn't yet a python bind for libpurple.

On behalf of Carman Team,

--
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
Mobile Linux Software (MLS) / Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia (INdT)