SSL Certificate

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Dec 3 18:52:13 EST 2008

Mark Doliner wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
>> Mark Doliner wrote:
>>> How do people feel about actually buying a certificate?  Is it worth
>>> it?  If we get a certificate for only developer.pidgin.im it's about
>>> $27 a year.
>> Where did you find a cert for $27/year?!
>
> http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl.asp?ci=8979 when buying for a
> single domain for 2 or more years.

I've had very good success with StartCom -- they are the root CA for the
XMPP Intermediate CA but also issue fairly inexpensive HTTP certs (in
fact you can use your XMPP ICA cert for your webserver too and we hand
those out for free, but I don't know if that would meet your needs).

More here:

http://xmpp.org/ca/

http://startssl.com/

Peter