Event Handling: savedstatus-modified event

sanket agarwal snktagarwal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 10:30:34 EST 2008

Hey all,
I have recently tried to develop some plugins for Pidgin. I have only worked
through Libpurple though. I am having some problem in responding to
"savedstatus-modified" event the code i am using is:

void *handle;

PurpleSavedStatus *modified;

static void savedsatus_modified_custom(PurpleSavedStatus *prev,gpointer
data)
{
   purple_debug_misc(PLUGIN_ID,"modification\n");
}

 purple_signal_connect(purple_savedstatuses_get_handle(),
"savedstatus-modified",
        handle, /* Object receiving the signal */
        PURPLE_CALLBACK(savedstatus_modified_custom), /* Callback function
*/
        modified /* Data to pass to the callback function*/
        );

Though the code compiles fine( i am doing make <filename>.so for plugin
compilation ). The plugin is loading.
I am able to do regular printing in debug API, but here when i change a
status's title or message, i dont seem to be getting hold of the event
actually( nothin printed).
Any help will be highly appreciated. And i am relatively new, so any
previous refs will also do :).